the easiest whole chicken recipe ever
Need an easy Sunday night meal that will leave you with leftovers for the whole week? Cook a whole chicken!
A lot of people are intimidated by roasting a whole chicken (it's not as hard as you think), but this isn't a recipe for a whole roast chicken...this is a recipe to cook a whole chicken in the crockpot!
Depending on the size of your crockpot, this will works best with a 4-5lb chicken.
Sunday Night Crockpot Chicken
// grain-free // gluten-free // dairy-free //
- 4-5lb. whole chicken
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the chopped onion in the bottom of the crockpot.
- Mix spices in a small bowl (you can really use any spices you want) and then rub onto chicken.
- Place chicken in crockpot.
- Cook for 4-5 hours on high.
When the chicken is done it just falls off the bone. Not quite the same as crispy skinned roast chicken, but certainly easier! Have some for dinner and then use the rest for chicken salad or in wraps for lunch all week!