I'm all about convenience, which means that my Instant Pot/slow cooker and I are best friends. This week I had my heart set on tacos (I think it was because I wanted tortillas) so I whipped up some super easy pork roast in the Instant Pot. You can also use your slow cooker for this recipe if you haven't jumped on the Instant Pot bandwagon yet!
The thing I love about recipes like this is that they make enough food for leftovers, and without leftovers, my life would be meaningless. If I actually had to make my lunch every day, I would not eat - fun fact about me, I pretty much didn't eat lunch for most of high school because I was too lazy to pack it. I would eat a NutriGrain bar and sometimes the sandwich that my best friend didn't want. I'm not sure how I survived (oh wait, yes I am, I ate two dinners, one at said best friend's house and one at home).
Easy Pork Roast Tacos
- 4-5 pound pork shoulder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup chicken stock (only if using an Instant Pot)
- Sprouted corn tortillas (or tortilla of choice)
- Salsa, if desired
- 1 head green or red cabbage, shredded
- 1 tablespoon mayo (preferably homemade)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Rub the spices on the pork shoulder and place in your Instant Pot/slow cooker. If you are using an Instant Pot, add the chicken stock.
- Cook at high pressure for 90 minutes (or 6-8 hours on low for slow cooker)
- Mix the mayo and balsamic and combine in a large bowl with the shredded cabbage
- Once the meat is done, shred with two forks.
- Warm tortillas and fill with meat, top with salsa and cabbage slaw.