Live date: 3/29/18
A deep dive into what is the difference between food allergies and food sensitivities? How do you get tested for allergies or sensitivities? Which testing method is most reliable and what to you do once you know which foods cause problems for you.
Live date: 3/17/18
A look at the three macronutrient categories - protein, carbs, and fat - and why you need all three, who might need more of them, and who would benefit from eating less.
Live date: 3/8/18
Updates & something new I'm into
Not eating enough
Afraid of fat or carbs
Thinking more restriction will get you better results
Making weight loss your primary goal
Eat less, move more
Not learning from what you are doing
Doing what works for everyone else
Thinking X, Y, or Z diet is THE healthiest
Not accepting responsibility
Live date: 3/1/18
Intro & something new I'm into
Whole foods vs. supplements, what's the difference?
Using whole foods as supplements
Best foods to use as supplements
Should you take probiotics with or without food?
A quick note about vitamin D
Live date: 2/22/18
News & updates
Something new I'm into
What is an autoimmune disease?
What causes an autoimmune disease?
What is the treatment for autoimmune diseases?
Listener question: Thyroid hormone replacement
Listener question: Iodine and Hashimoto's
Listener question: No diagnosis, but lots of lab work
Live date: 2/15/18
Updates & intros
Welcome to Terriann
Autoimmune disease basics
How she got her diagnosis
Making dietary changes and sticking with them
Replacing toxic products
Live date: 2/7/18
News & Updates
Introducing this weeks guest, Stephanie Cahill from Cleaner Stephanie
Stephanie's journey to Paleo
How clearner products fit into her journey
Being a special needs mom
How Stephanie shares her knowledge with her patients
Budgeting for Paleo
Final thoughts and words of wisdom
Live date: 1/25/18
What's new this week
Paleo is a plant based diet
Why are fruits and vegetables so important?
Vegetables, red meat, and cancer risk
What is a serving of vegetables
How many servings of vegetables should you eat?
Antinutrients in vegetables
Juicing vs. whole vegetables
What conditions are vegetables protective against?
Live date: 1/18/18
What's new this week
Should you be Paleo forever?
Are you accidentally dieting?
Symptoms of accidental dieting
How to stop accidental dieting
Aesthetic goals and Paleo
Live date: 1/11/18
Something I'm loving this week
The science behind metabolic syndrome & insulin resistance
Testing for insulin resistance
Insulin resistance and other hormonal imbalances
Pre-diabetes and diabetes
Eating paleo for metabolic syndrome
Supplements to help manage insulin resistance and metabolic syndrome
Live date: 1/4/18
- Something New I'm Into
- What does detox even mean?
- What are toxins?
- What your liver actually does for a living
- How to support your liver
- The dangers of detox diets and cleanses
- Things do detox instead of doing a detox diet
Live date: 12/28/17
- Something new Vee is into
- Who is Vee?
- Discovering Paleo changed her life
- Managing chronic illness holistically
- Developing a mindset practice
- Body positivity at any size
- You are enough
Live Date: 12/21/17
- Who do nutrition challenges work well for?
- Who do nutrition challenges not work well for?
- How to transition after a challenge
- Personalizing paleo
- Being honest with yourself when reintroducing foods
Live Date 12/14/17
- Paleo 101
- What is the Paleo diet
- Why no grains?
- Why no legumes?
- Why no refined sugar?
- Paleo doesn't have to be low-carb
- Making paleo fit your life
Live Date: 12/7/17
- How to indulge without derailing completely
- The difference between those who are prone to overeat and those who are not
- Tips for managing time and reducing stress at holiday gatherings
- Ways to decrease stress around food