Weekend links got a makeover! I'm still sharing interesting bits from around the internet, but I've changed the format up a little. This week was a tough one. The lack of daylight seems so much more obvious suddenly and it's making me want to eat junk food and hibernate! Here's what's new and exciting this week:
- Breast cancer is being over-diagnosed.
- But higher levels of vitamin D are linked to better breast cancer survival rates.
- An extra hour of sleep increases wages.
- Personalized nutrition isn't going to solve our diet problems.
- And if a pay increase isn't enough motivation for sleep, there's now even more evidence that loss of sleep leads to weight gain.
- Most athletes know this, but exercise might keep depression at bay.
- Self-control is actually pretty overrated. Check out what works better.
- More support for the case for eating healthy fats.
- The beginner's guide to cooking meats.
- Eat your veggies to help prevent the flu...because science says so!
What's new this week:
- 3 Reasons Why You Need to Eat Breakfast, it is, afterall, the most important meal of the day!
- With cold and flu season upon us here are 10 Ways to Treat a Cold or Flu Naturally as well as ways to keep you healthy throughout the year.
1 Year ago:
- I shared my thoughts on what's Paleo and why you shouldn't really care in Is it Paleo - Part 1