I love a good one pan meal. This Mediterranean Turkey is no exception. Turkey by itself can be pretty boring, but add the right spices and suddenly you have a tasty meal! This meal is also great to make ahead since it reheats extremely well.
If you don't have turkey (or don't want to eat it), you can substitute any ground meat. I think this would be even more delicious with ground lamb...but isn't everything more delicious with lamb?
Mediterranean Turkey with Lemon Tahini
For the turkey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups fresh spinach
For the lemon tahini
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or fresh, minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper
- Heat the coconut oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions
- Cook until just starting to soften and brown, about 5 minutes. Once the onions have started to brown, add the turkey, seasonings, and lemon juice.
- Cook, stirring to break up turkey, until the meat is cooked and no longer pink.
- While you are waiting for the meat to cook, mix all of the ingredients for the lemon tahini sauce in a small bowl.
- Once the meat is cooked, add the spinach to the pan and stir. Cook until just beginning to wilt.
- Serve turkey topped with the lemon tahini sauce.