I LOVE pumpkin spice lattes and I have tried many times to replicate them at home but have never succeeded. I have always wanted a less chemicaly, healthier, cheaper option, but have never been able to get the flavor exactly right...until last week...
Enter the Crap and BS Free Pumpkin Spice Latte (CBSFPSL, as one of my friends deemed it...good call Brenda!)
I slightly adapted a recipe that was posted on the Balanced Bites Facebook page.
Crap-Free Pumpkin Spice Latte
// grain-free // gluten-free // dairy-free //
- 1 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 2 shots of espresso or 1/2-1 cup coffee
- 1 teaspoon ghee or butter
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- maple syrup to taste
- Brew coffee. While coffee is brewing, heat up coconut milk in the microwave until warm but not too hot.
- Put butter/ghee in the blender. Add coffee, coconut milk, pumpkin spice, and maple syrup (if using).
- Blend on low just long enough to froth milk and melt the butter/ghee.
- Enjoy fall in your cup, guilt-free!
I ended up not using maple syrup the second time I made it and it was not quite as good. All you really need is a tiny dash to give it some extra flavor (like 1/2 teaspoon). Seriously...this is amazing...and good for you! Try it, you won't be disappointed.