I'm a big fan of one pot meals. I'm an even bigger fan of one pot meals that taste delicious. I really wanted to put all the flavors into this dish, but I restrained myself. I used peppers and cabbage as my veggies, but dishes like these are great because they would be good with almost any veggies you have in your fridge. I think broccoli and carrots would be great, but I use those ingredients a lot in other dishes, so I went with peppers and cabbage.
Since I was feeling particularly lazy, I added the cauliflower rice into the pan because I didn't feel like cooking it separately, but you could just as easily serve this meal over cauliflower rice.
Cashew Beef Stir Fry
Paleo // Whole30 // Grain-Free // Dairy-Free
Makes 4+ servings
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups cabbage, chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 cup toasted cashews (toast in a dry pan over medium heat until brown)
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger (or chopped fresh ginger)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (or 1 tablespoon garlic powder)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium pan over medium-high heat, season the ground beef with salt and pepper and brown. Set aside once cooked through.
- Drain any fat left in the pan, melt coconut oil and saute onions, once the onions are translucent, add peppers, cabbage, and cauliflower rice.
- Add ginger, garlic, turmeric, lime juice, fish sauce, and coconut aminos and continue to cook vegetables until soft.
- Add ground beef back into the pan and mix. Cook until beef is heated through and coated with sauce.
- Turn the heat off, add the cashews in and mix well. Serve and enjoy!